- This event has passed.
Advanced Genomics and Genome Engineering Workshop
September 8 @ 10:30 am - 4:30 pm PDT
Join our Advanced Genomics and Genome Engineering workshop for a series of talks from visiting professors Mikiko Siomi from the University of Tokyo, Haruhiko Siomi from Keio University, Hiroshi Ochiai from Kyushu University, and our very own UBC staff and researchers.
This session will focus on Advanced Genomics and Genome Engineering research. Specifically, there will be a series of talks presented on a variety of different topics. See the list below for the talk titles and presenters:
• “Transcriptional memory and dynamics in embryonic stem cells” – Sheila Teves
• “Embryonic development requires transposon expression” – Haruhiko Siomi
• “Evolutionary trajectory of segmental duplications in vertebrate genomes” – Yusuke Kijima
• “Evaluation and optimization of sequence-based gene regulatory deep learning models” – Rafi Abdul Muntakim
• “The evolution, evolvability and engineering of gene regulatory DNA” – Carl de Boer
• “Chromatin structure and transcriptional dynamics: insights from chromatin tracing” – Hiroshi Ochiai
• “Isolating cells that have predicted future states” – Nozomu Yachie
• “Evolution and divergence of eukaryotic transcription factors” – Hazel Cui
• “piRNA in transposon silencing in the germline” – Mikiko Siomi